Back to top

Where You Want Your Tax Pro When the IRS Comes Calling

Eyeball to Eyeball and On Your Side

When you need a federal tax planner and tax preparer, it makes sense to go with the best of the best.

In the world of federal taxes, that’s an Internal Revenue Service enrolled agent. Being an enrolled agent means I’m a tax expert who can represent you completely with the agency, whether it’s face-to-face during an audit or by phone/email when you’ve received an official IRS notification.

The IRS enrolled agent designation is the highest credential a tax planner/preparer can earn from the agency. I passed a stringent three-part exam to get it, and to keep it I have to complete 72 hours of continuing education every three years. I’m also required to abide by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s provisions for IRS enrolled agents, and adhere to the National Association of Enrolled Agents Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct.

Not every accountant or lawyer is an IRS enrolled agent, but every enrolled agent is a tax specialist. As one, I can represent individuals and businesses, handle any type of tax issue and represent you before the IRS for any federal tax matter in any of the 50 states. The designation also means I’m really good at it.

When the IRS comes calling about your taxes, you’ll be glad you have an enrolled agent – that’s me – on your side of the table.